Dr. Masud IsaApril 8, 2023 2023-08-28 7:26
School of Management
College of Business, RMIT, Australia.
2017 Doctor of Philosophy, School of Management, College of Business, RMIT, Australia.
1981 Master of Business Administration, Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
1978 BA Honours in English language and literature, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
1967-74 Jhenidah Cadet College (Secondary and Higher Secondary Education), Bangladesh.
Central Queensland University (CQU), Melbourne Australia.
∙ July 2017 – June 2020: Taught the following units at the post-graduate level, School of Business and Law, Higher Education Division, Central Queensland University, Melbourne Campus.
o Effective Business Communications.
o Management and Business Context.
o Innovation and Sustainable Business Development.
o Strategic Business Management.
o Entrepreneurship, Innovation and New Ventures.
o Organizational Behavior at undergraduate level.
Monash University, Melbourne Australia.
∙ 2011-2019: Lectures, and workshops in the in the Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
o Workshop on ‘Designing a Microfinance Social Business in Australia: Relevance and Challenges, hosted by the South Asia Research Network (SARN) within the Centre for Global Business (CGB) in collaboration with the Centre for Development Economics and Sustainability (CDES), Monash Business School 2019).
o Lectures on Strategic Management, and International Business (2014-15).
o Lectures, upon invitation, at post-graduate level, on “inclusive capitalism and the role of corporates in driving sustainable development and poverty alleviation through inclusive business approach (2012).
o Guest lecturer at Master’s Programme on CSR, Inclusive Business and Sustainable Development (2011).
o Guest lecturer on “social business and corporate participation in establishing inclusive supply chain with the primary producers in creating shared value towards poverty alleviation and sustainable growth” (2011).
o Conducted two workshops on Entrepreneurship and Development under Australia Award Fellowship Programme (2011).
- Q. Alam, M. Isa, J. Teicher (2020). Social Business and Inclusive Growth: Towards a Sustainable Future, British Academy of Management.
- Isa, Masud and Alam, Quamrul (2016) Social Business and Sustainable Development. In Alam Q. Chowdhury M.(eds) Global Repositioning – Sustainability and Value Creation, Melbourne, Tilde University Press, 238-249.
- Isa, Masud and Alam. Quamrul (2011) Microfinance as a new paradigm of Social Business, In Alam, Q, Majumdar, N (eds) Cases in Business and Management. Melbourne, Tilde University Press, 193-201.
- Isa, Masud (1994) Designing an Effective Financial System for the Poor – The Grameen Bank Experience. Asian Productivity Organization, Tokyo: Japan.
- Isa, Masud (1992) The Credit and Savings – the Grameen Bank’s Experience: In Mobilization of Rural Savings in Asia and the Pacific. The Asian Productivity Organization, Tokyo, Japan, 65-84.
Awards & Achievement
- Businessman of the Year Award: Awarded by Weekly Financial Mirror, a newspaper on business, finance and information technology in Bangladesh for contribution in the areas of telecommunication for the rural poor (2002).
- Nipa Gold Medal: Awarded by a local NGO in Bangladesh for business initiative in fabric manufacturing and garments with the local handloom woven fabrics (2001).
- Shadinata Padak (Independence Award): Awarded by the Swadin Bangla Betar Kendra Artists Forum (Independent Bengal Radio Artists Forum) in Bangladesh for contribution in telecom sector, especially for the rural poor (2001).
- Businessman of the Year Award: Awarded by Orthokontho, a weekly financial magazine on Finance and Banking in Bangladesh for contribution to socially beneficial business initiatives for the rural poor (2001).