Fokrhruz ZamanJuly 14, 2023 2023-07-15 15:57
- B.Sc.Engg (EEE) from BUET, 1988
- MBA, 22nd Batch (Eve), IBA, DU, 1993
- Advanced Technology Certificate from AIT, Thailand. Top Management Training from IIM, C, India. 2005
- Teaching Data Science and Engineering Economics in Universities since 2006
- Working in the Global SW / IT industry since late 1988
- Consulting projects in multiple Industry, and Government
|2017 – Present Director & Technologies Advisor||Millennium Information Solution Ltd (MISL)||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|2007 – 2017 Founder Director||Millennium Information Solution Ltd (MISL)||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Aug, 09 – Present Founder & Director of Technology||Beshto Ltd (previously iPaholics Ltd)||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Aug, 13 – Dec, 2015 IT Industry Team Leader||LICT Project, WB, BCC||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Apr, 13 – 2014 Chief Software Architect||mPower Social||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|May,10 – Jan, 13 Senior Consultant, NEA||a2i, PMO||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Apr, 07 – 2009 National Consultant||a2i, PMO||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Sep, 07 – 2009 National Consultant||ITC, Geneva||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|2001 – 2007 Founder & CTO||Millennium Information Solution Ltd (MISL)||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Sep, 99 – 2001 Founder & CTO||Horizon Software (later merged into MISL)||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|1997 – Jul,99 Architect & Manager, Software & Network||Bell Atlantic (Nynex) S&T Asia Ltd||Bangkok, Thailand|
|1995 – 1997 Software Architect and R&D Manager||Experty Technical Equipment Co. Ltd||Bangkok, Thailand|
|1993 – 1994 Software Developer & Network Admin||International Center for Population (ICDDR,B)||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|1989 – 1992 Programmer, Designer, Manager||Machine Dialog Software Systems||London, UK Dhaka, Bangladesh|
- Consulting / Mentoring the AbabilNG Architecture Design Team of MISL to completely redesign the Core Banking Solution (CBS) Modules using Domain Driven Design, Scalable Fault-Tolerant Distributed Software Architecture with Java Backend MicroServices, Kafka Streaming Platform for AI / Analytics, Angular Micro Frontends and Test Automation in 2017-Present
- Designed and successfully initiated multiple multi-million-dollars ITS/ITES HR development and Overseas Marketing projects in LICT, BCC in 2013-15
- Saved millions of US dollars by advising, scrutinizing, selecting and coordinating the implementation of the world’s fastest trading solutions platform in open standards Hardware, Operating Systems, and Database Management Systems of the Next Generation Trading Solutions (NGTS) of Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) in 2010 – 12
- Co-created the National IT Enabled Services (ITES) Strategy for the Government and the Industry as the National Consultant for ITC, Geneva in 2007 – 9
- Designed the first draft of the national eGovernance Interoperability Framework (eGIF) for Bangladesh with wide industry, academia, & government stakeholders’ participation all over Bangladesh, in 2007
- Overall project & technology guidance / mentoring for the largest defense project in Bangladesh (the Bangladesh Air Force automation project spanning 5 years. 2003 – 8)
- Trained & mentored fresh software engineers since 1999, who have been leading many reputed software companies in Bangladesh and abroad. Pioneered the Java Enterprise Architecture Design and Development by mentoring the early Java enterprise developers in Bangladesh in 1999-2000
- Competed, Designed & Developed the first successful Danish software ODC (offshore development center) in Bangladesh in 2003 – 8
- Designed & developed the overall application architecture of a generic e-commerce application focusing the order, sales, purchase & accounts management of small & medium businesses with latest Java EE & MVC design patterns in 1999-2000
- Designed & developed the overall application architecture of the TV phone (a project by NYNEX S&T Asia to make a low-cost multi-purpose consumer device) in the embedded subsystem of TV phone using the QNX 4.24 RTOS in 1997-98
- Got CNE (Certified Novell Engineer) & MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) certifications in 1996-97
- Designed and Developed a R&D Project called Remote Monitoring System (RMS) for Elevators with embedded Microcontroller systems and MS VC++ software for Elevator Controllers for monitoring the Elevators remotely in 1996-97
- Designed and implemented a nutritional surveillance system for scientists of John Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA in 1992-93
- Developed software for international markets using C, Objective-C for clients including the Volvo Car Corp., Sweden; Stepstone Corp., USA; and few other companies in England, France, and Germany in 1989-92
- Analyzing e-Governance Enterprise Architecture and recommending solutions: 10 years’ experience in Bangladesh e-Governance Systems and some Health EA recommendations for the Vietnam e-Governance.
- Recommending high-performance IT solutions: 2.5 years’ experience in recommending real-time high-performance stock trading solutions.
- Analyzing Organizational readiness and suggesting ERP solutions: Consulting services for medium to large enterprises with Balanced Scorecard measures to maximize IT investments with possible ERPs.
- Software Requirements Management using Use Case and Test-Driven Approach: 12 years of hands-on experience using modern tools like UML, FIT, Fitnesse, etc.
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming (OOADP): 20 years of hands-on experience in many local and international projects. Hands-on experience in C++, Objective-C, C#, Java / Java EE, Python
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) Tools / Code Generators: Groovy Grails (approx 5 times more productivity gain compared to Java or .NET applications), Yo code Generators, Jhipster, etc.
- Creativity and Productivity Tools / Approach: Lateral Thinking, Six Thinking Hats, Project Management Tools like Odoo Project Management, Balanced Scorecard (BSC) with Strategic Management
International Mission Experience
Kerala State IT Mission (KSITM), Kerala
- Led the National e-Governance Architecture and Policy Mission from the Bangladesh Prime Minister’s Office, participated in bilateral meetings, visited several technology centers, sites and Government organizations in Kerala. 2011
WHO and Vietnam Health Ministry
- Led the Enterprise Architecture and Technology Team from Bangladesh and participated in the Enterprise Architecture and top policy level workshops and meetings with senior WHO experts and officials and the related minister in Vietnam. 2011.
Strategic Management at IIM, Calcutta
- Participated in the Top Management Workshop and Intensive Training Program at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. Some renowned strategic management gurus lectured on corporate strategic management. 2005.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Participated in the CTO and Senior PM level workshop and training for the PMP certification exam preparation organized by a Singaporean certified PMP expert consultant. 2008*.
Software Project Management
- Participated in the senior management level workshop and training for software project management by a Dutch management guru and expert consultant. 2003*