Scholarships and Financial AidJanuary 18, 2023 2023-10-06 16:20
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Board of Trustees of ZUMS has made a decision to bring higher education within reasonable reach for students and their families from different socio-economic backgrounds. Many factors contribute to the ability to earn a university degree, and the leadership of ZUMS management are committed to address them all in order to increase access to higher education, especially for disadvantaged people in the society who have historically faced barriers to entry.
Given the large number of students who need financial aid, and the socioeconomic challenges in communities throughout Bangladesh, our ability to provide financial assistance to students is very important. ZUMS’s public-service oriented approach will be helpful in enabling potential students to have access to higher education, both flexibly and at reasonable cost.
ZUMS provides a range of scholarships and financial aid for its undergraduate and graduate students. This University offers comprehensive, need-based financial aid in the form of scholarships to the students who qualify for assistance. At ZUMS, we are committed to providing as much financial assistance as possible within the limits of its available resources.
- The students should keep in mind that full-time enrollment for scholarships and financial aid purposes is considered 15 credits or more in a semester. Since there are two semesters in a year, the full time undergraduate students are expected to complete degree requirements in 8 semesters.
- The Scholarships and Financial Aid Policy is subject to change at the discretion of the University authority.
ZUMS Scholarship for Meritorious Students of Disadvantaged Families
- 100 % tuition fee waiver (excluding other fees) plus a stipend for defraying the cost of food and accommodation is awarded to selected meritorious students coming from economically disadvantaged families.
- In order to continue receiving this scholarship up to end of the undergraduate program, a minimum CGPA of 3.5 on a scale of 4 is required to be maintained in all the semesters.
- If a student fails to maintain the required CGPA, she/he will receive tuition and other fees waiver for the subsequent two consecutive semesters during which she/he will need to regain the required CGPA, otherwise the scholarship will be discontinued.
Merit Scholarship Based on ZUMS Academic Results
- In order to qualify for this scholarship, a student is required to take at least 15 credit hours in the immediate past semester. The awarded scholarship (tuition fee waiver) based on ZUMS academic results will be applicable for the current semester.
In order to continue with the awarded merit scholarship in subsequent semesters, a student is required to score the following CGPA in every semester.
|CGPA||3.85 – 3.89||3.90 – 3.94||3.95 – 4.00|
|Tuition waiver (%)||70%||80%||100%|
Students performing well above the requisite CGPA may apply to the authorized committee for upward revision of the award level.
- Freedom Fighters:
The University pursues a policy of awarding up to 100% waiver of tuition fees to the children/grand children of freedom fighters of the Liberation War of Bangladesh, with provision for higher levels of award for those from modest economic backgrounds. In order to continue with this scholarship, a student requires to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.25in every semester.
2. Doner’s Scholarship:
If a donor provides scholarship to any student, that scholarship will be governed by the policies adopted by the doner.
3. Sibling Scholarship:
If one sibling has been studying at ZUMS, other sibling(s) who enrolled later will be eligible to apply for tuition waiver up to 30%. In order to continue with this scholarship, a student requires to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in every semester.
4. Female Students:
If a female student does not qualify for scholarship under any other category, she is entitled to 10% tuition fee waiver.
ZUMS makes financial assistance available to graduate students in various forms. These include scholarships, teaching and research assistantships, and on-campus employment.
The above mentioned Special Scholarships for undergraduate students are equally applicable for the graduate students at ZUMS.
We make arrangements with organizations in both public and private sectors of Bangladesh for providing group tuition fee waiver to the prospective graduate students from those organizations.